sábado, 26 de marzo de 2011

Mind the sound (English Dypthongs)

Phonetics may seem plain boring to you but why not take a funnier approach to it with music?
Below you'll find an activity to work on English Dyphthongs. First, click the link above to download a presentation that'll help you revise these dyphthongs. Next, do the gap-fill activity to complete the lyrics of U2's song "One". Check your answers with the Key. Finally, click "next exercise" to do a matching activity based on the lyrics.

3 comentarios:

  1. Alberto Cuena Vilches21 de abril de 2011, 12:44

    Hi everybody! I have found this song interesting and I felt like doing the listenig(it´s worth a try), my score is 80%. I have listened it three times and when I have looked at the key, I have realized one thing:as Natalia says,dypthongs are really fuzzy in English, but I continue upholding that this kind of activities are fantastic.What a wonderful song!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. U 2 is a fantastic group. It´s a pity that my English is not as good as them.
    My score is 63 % after several listenings.
    See you.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi everybody! I'm Maria. After four times, I've got a 77%, so I'm happy.
    Great song. U2 is one of my favourite bands, well done, Natalia.

    ResponderEliminar